Skip to main content

November 7-November 13, 2017 Week 13

HELLO!
This week has been pretty typical like most weeks. Talking, teaching, BAPTIZING! 
We did a lot of walking and a lot of talking.  The members have been starting to give us references and that has been helping us so much to find people to teach.  We We had a baptism this weekend of a matrimonio that I first contacted with our ward mission leader 7 weeks ago.  It  was pretty neat to see them come along.  They dont have great financial situation so they have to work a lot (Gregorio works 7 days on and 7 off)  and we couldnçt meet with them all at the same time, but we were able to set a day where they both could be baptized!  It was a good service and my companion Elder Campos even did a special musical number with a guitar.
Afterwards we went out to eat a pichanga (mountain of meat and french fries) with our papito (the family who always gives us lunch)  Fue un dia bacan.
We are preparing to baptize another investigator named Fabian.  He is a university student who did drugs and drank a lot but we changed that last week and now he feels ready to be baptized!  He is really cool and is studying topography for a civil engineering degree.
This week I learned a lot about recognizing the Holy Ghost.  It is something that we need to be aware of constantly and something that we should pray for every day to guide our actions.   1 Nefi 10 talks a lot about how we can learn  to understand gospel truths.  When Nefi wanted to learn for himself there were 5 points that I picked out.  First he had to hear what was being said and that the Spirit also need to be present.  As missionaries, our job is to invite the Spirit so that the words we say are learned by the investigator.  Afterward he had to think and ponder about these things and afterwards it said that he had Faith in Jesus Christ that he could learn these things.  Then we need to have the action and desire to work for our answers and finally be willing to hear what it is the Lord would tell us.  As we do these things, our knowledge and faith grows and we have a understanding that we have a FAther in Heaven who loves us and has given us the restored and complete gospel of Jesus Christ to help us obtain success in this life.

Hope all is well with yall.  I enjoy reading all your emails!

Exchanges with my favorite Peruvian in the zone
                                      
Out to eat Pichanga with our Papito



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 15-May 21, 2018 and May 22 -May 27, 2018

May15- May 21 Super crazy and I am running short on time so sorry! Probably the biggest news is that Elder Turner and I received special Transfers!  and it is not because we did anything bad. My comp is going to open up a new sector in Calama which is way hotter and colder than any other city in the mission.  It is like 4-5 thousand meters above sea level.  My new comp is coming in from another mission (south of Chile) and is from Argentina.  He is really new in the mission and I get the opportunity to train him de nuevo.  I am excited and a little nervous.  Its a big responsibility but I look forward to the challenge.  One thing Elder Turner and I decided to start saying is One degree more.  Whats the difference between water at 99 and 100 degrees?  It boils and so we are wanting to give just that little extra effort.  Should be a neat experience. So today was also my birthday and we were able to visit the Esmeralda boat today because today is also a Chilean holiday that mark

February 25, 2019 - March 11, 2019

Sorry to always be writing emails that are not terribly detailed.  I have been super tired this past week.  It was really good but crazy. Got to go on several intercambios this week and I made a goal to try to take a picture on each one but I wasn't super great at remembering so that's what the selfies are. We were also super blessed to baptize Marleny and her family.  It was a close small service that was one to remember.  It was a miracle to watch because it was just a ton of resistencia with her situation but we saw miracles. On Sunday night we did a zone attack in one of the sectors that are by the beach so that is that photo.  It was a little overcast and not a lot of gente, but we did contact this really cool Brazilian guy.  We have a Brazilian elder in our zone and we are always trying to talk with him in Portugese.  I am not to good at remembering stuff but it's common to here in the zone Duda bain (All Good) Sorry to all those that speak Portugese because

Oct. 24 -October 30, 2017 Week 11

Hello  all. It has been quite the week.  I had the chance to do everything as the penultimate week of my training.  Next week we have cambios and there is a chance that I may get transferred.  Who knows where.  The only thing is if I move, I have to leave a lot of the food I bought today in the Pension.   I did buy peanut butter today and it is very expensive.  I will be taking that in my suitcase but the rest will stay.  We are working super hard this week to do all we can to leave the sector in a good place if we leave.   Today for Pday we went to go see the Mummies that are here in a museum.  Apparently they are the oldest in the World.  Who knew?  It was actually nice to go see them because the museum is more up in the valley and there is actually a lot more green there.  It didnt feel like we were in the desert anymore.    This week we also finished teaching a family for baptism  next Saturday  and afterwards we got to see and hold the llama that they had purchased th