Skip to main content

December 1-10, 2018

So to start off we decided to have a fast as a district and as such (it seems that every time during a fast, things get harder and worse) we had a really bad day on Thursday.  All the interviews that  I was going to do in our district fell through except for one that I was doing to someone in the hermanas sector who didn't want to live the ley de castidad.  Well, I can tell you that it didn't turn out.  So many things went wrong. When we finished, we went to the sand dune behind and me and Elder Burton yelled at the top of our lungs, but not in a despairing way, but just a way to give us animo because everything was out of our control and there are just days like that. After we yelled we said a prayer and headed back to the sector.  We got back to our sector just in time to the interview in our sector and the miracle happened and we got a baptism!  Roberto is a cool guy and is proud that he is ex-military, so we tried on his uniform.



My hijito is also pure fuego.  He went up to contact this family and we won over their confidence.  We passed by and joked that we were there to clean the bathroom and the uncle who was the least receptive invited us in. We read 3 nefi 11 together and it opened up his heart a little, and then they went back again on intercambio and they taught Plan de salvacion and he was really receptive.  Gospel softens hearts.  Also, his 2 nieces were able to make it to church. TA.  Also saw some miracles through the crazys in our sector giving us information so that we could find a friend.  We found her and were a ble to do an entrevista.  So a really good week with a hard spot no mas.




 We also did service this week. We went to go paint the church but ended up teaching English Class instead because they canceled the class late and student s showed up expecting a class but we still took a picture with a brand new paint roller to show our intent haha. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 15-May 21, 2018 and May 22 -May 27, 2018

May15- May 21 Super crazy and I am running short on time so sorry! Probably the biggest news is that Elder Turner and I received special Transfers!  and it is not because we did anything bad. My comp is going to open up a new sector in Calama which is way hotter and colder than any other city in the mission.  It is like 4-5 thousand meters above sea level.  My new comp is coming in from another mission (south of Chile) and is from Argentina.  He is really new in the mission and I get the opportunity to train him de nuevo.  I am excited and a little nervous.  Its a big responsibility but I look forward to the challenge.  One thing Elder Turner and I decided to start saying is One degree more.  Whats the difference between water at 99 and 100 degrees?  It boils and so we are wanting to give just that little extra effort.  Should be a neat experience. So today was also my birthday and we were able to visit the Esmeralda boat today because today is also a Chilean holiday that mark

Sept 5-Sept 11 2017 Week 4

Hey Family! This week has really flown by.  I am better with my health and everything as of  Wednesday .  I was told that a lot of it was stress related.  I am not sure how true that is, but it is stressful.  I stayed in and rested the rest of last Pday and also for a lot of the day  on Tuesday .  By  Wednesday  everything was good.  Last Monday we actually had an earthquake.  It was small but we definitely felt it, it was pretty awesome.  And also  on Tuesday  and this morning it rained.  Super little as in it was only flecks of water in the air but still rain.  We see on the news a lot about the hurricanes hitting the states.  It looks pretty bad but I am glad you are safe. This week was difficult too, but I feel like I learned a lot.  My comp had us go on exchanges twice this week, once with members and the second time with the district leader.  I was really freaked out about it in the beginning of each because it meant I had to lead what we were doing in our area.  My co

Sept 19-25, 2017 Week 6

Hey all, Sorry I haven´t written recently.  It has been a really busy couple of weeks.  My language is improving slowly but surely and I even have a hard time saying the english equivalent of some words.  We didn´t have anyone to cook lunch for us this week so we had to cook for ourselves. My comp can cook pretty well and  on Wednesday  he asked me to fry some chicken and cook rice.  I failed at both.  The rice was hard because I didn´t add enough water.  Also all that I knew for cooking chicken is to put in in the oil.  Apparently you have to score it too so that all parts are cooked.  And the chicken here comes with the stubs of feathers in the skin and I didn´t cut those parts out.  So it was a pretty crap meal.  But ahora, I am confident 75 percent that I could do it again and have it turn out well. This gospel is true.  I have learned a lot here that I can´t even begin to describe.  I am working better with my comp and we have a baptism this week!  His name is Gabriel from