Skip to main content

Sept 5-Sept 11 2017 Week 4

Hey Family!

This week has really flown by.  I am better with my health and everything as of Wednesday.  I was told that a lot of it was stress related.  I am not sure how true that is, but it is stressful.  I stayed in and rested the rest of last Pday and also for a lot of the day on Tuesday.  By Wednesday everything was good.  Last Monday we actually had an earthquake.  It was small but we definitely felt it, it was pretty awesome.  And also on Tuesday and this morning it rained.  Super little as in it was only flecks of water in the air but still rain.  We see on the news a lot about the hurricanes hitting the states.  It looks pretty bad but I am glad you are safe.

This week was difficult too, but I feel like I learned a lot.  My comp had us go on exchanges twice this week, once with members and the second time with the district leader.  I was really freaked out about it in the beginning of each because it meant I had to lead what we were doing in our area.  My confidence grew at the end and for the most part I feel like I did  all that I could do.  I did forget to invite people to church on Saturday and so my comp kind of freaked out about that.  I really am trying my best.  I really don't want the work to suffer because of me.   Our mission scripture is Alma 26:26-27 and it is really comforting --- Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to aturn back, behold, the Lord bcomforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with cpatience thine dafflictions, and I will give unto you success

 I have had a few difficulties adapting the way I speak with people.  Example, we wanted to talk with a mother about baptizing her son (we had only met her once before) and so after saying hello at the door, I said that we wanted to talk about baptizing her son.  She seemed surprised even though the boy had said he had asked his mom, and long story short, she said no.  We will continue to work with her, hopefully.  I am working to improve my abilities. One thing that really stuck out during my studies this week was Preach my Gospel chapter 4, Recognizing the Spirit.  It has a section that discusses trusting in the Spirit and I learned a lot that this is solely the work of the Lord.  Some of the stress that I feel, comes from not having confidence in my abilities to carry out the work, but it said to not trust in my abilities.  Trust in the Spirit to guide,direct,and say the words that I need.  The only thing that I need to trust in is my effort.  The spirit will do the rest.  I actually ran out of time.  My comp needs to go so sorry for the short responses.







How long will you be with your trainer?
Not sure.  I could be transferred at the end of Sept to another, but if not, it will be sometime at the middle of November. 

On transfer day, if you are with your trainer, do they typically leave you in the same area or will you go somewhere else/

I think usually one person stays in the Area, but it is all up to the inspiration of the Pres.

Do you have access to the Ensign in English?  Would you like me to send some in your next package?
No I don't,  I would actually really like that.  Also some Tide Sticks, a usb and portable speaker for music would also be great.

Were you guys able to find another apartment?
No, the Senior couple came and made a lot of improvements so that is nice.

I love you guys.  I bought this pie from a sister in the ward who is less active but who is really great.  The pie was delicious!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oct. 3 -Oct. 10 Week 8

Hello Everyone       I have had a great week and I hope it was the same for ya'll.  I completed 3 months in the mission last week and to celebrate I ate a delicious churasco.    Hoy día we went up to the Morro that is here in Arica and that was just fantastic.  It had some great views but I also realized how brown it is here.  There really is a limited amount of green.      I learned a lot about patience this week with myself.  I have noticed that I am still in the beginning of the mission and there is time.  I received a really personal impression from the Spirit during this week and that has given me a lot of comfort and peace.  My testimony of the fact that God knows us and helps us as we strive to develop and learn more has grown so much since coming out.  It isn´t always easy, but when it is easy I get complacent, and that is not why we are here.  We are here to grow and progress!  We ha...

December 24 - 31, 2018

Feliz Navidad! Christmas felt like forever ago, but it was really great.  Ate some turkey, chicken, potatoes, and rice and did some gift exchanges. Shout out to Elder Burton for the sweet shark socks that I will be wearing on  Pday . Also got some candy and cologne, but the best part was just being able to get out and see and visit other people.  We made some brownies and were able to pass those around to some people. So this week was really a different type of week.  We had a really great time at the Christmas conference for missionaries.  The zones from Arica came so we had about 60 missionaries and a lot of fun.  The best part was that the office had asked all the families to make a short video and so while we were all eating our lunch, they showed a reel of a lot of families.  Some were really funny and others more heartfelt.  It was a really cool thing to see my fam up there.  Obviously we also had the Skype call today and tha...

Jan 29 - Feb 4, 2019

Final week of the transfer happening.  Looking like there might be some changes in my companionship. We had a really goo week working and finding some new people.  We finally got a couple to come to church that we have been working with.  and we had 2 baptisms! TA The weather has been pretty brutal.  Cold showers are now my best friend and I hate cold water.  Elder Baines and I decided for lack of people in the street to knock some doors and ask for water as a contact method.  Everyone rejected us but they all gave us some much needed drinks.  It can be a little sketchy because the water here is loaded with heavy metals (copper, arsenic etc..) But my body is used to it now. Some guy even gave us an ice cream bar!   It is good to know that with each rejection, it just gives us more time ot find the ones the Lord is preparing. Ran out of money because I had planned for a 4 week month instead of 5 weeks and so Elder Baines and I had a fun ...